3M Scotch-Weld DP2216 & 2216 B-A High Performance Flexible Cold-Resistant Shock Resistant 90-Minute Set Epoxy
3M ScotchWeld DP2216 (duo-pak cartridges) & 2216 (pails) B/A High Performance Flexible Cryogenic Cold-Resistant Shock-Resistant Gray 90 Minute Setting Epoxy Adhesive is a multipurpose, two-component, room temperature curing Epoxy adhesive of excellent strength, cryogenic-level cold-resistance, vibration-resistance, and shock-resistance. It is an excellent bonder for steel (ferrous and stainless), aluminum, many types of plastics, rubbers, woods, stone, concrete, masonry, and ceramics. Works in a mix ratio of 2:3, and delivers exceptional performance with a shear strength of 3200 psi and peel strength of 25 piw.
Scotch-Weld epoxy adhesive DP2216 (duo-pak cartridges) & 2216 (pails) B/A is identical to 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Aerospace Epoxy Adhesive EC-2216 B/A in chemical composition. The difference is that Scotch-Weld epoxy adhesive EC-2216 B/A has been labeled, packaged, tested, and certified for aircraft and aerospace applications. The non-aerospace rated 2216 B/A may be used for aircraft and aerospace applications if proper Certificates of Test have been issued and material meets all aircraft manufacturer’s specification requirements.
- 90 Min Working Time, dries gray
- Excellent adhesive for steel (ferrous and stainless), aluminum, many types of plastics, rubbers, woods, stone, concrete, masonry, and ceramics
- Excellent Shear and Peal Strength, and Electrically Insulating (does not conduct)
- Higher Viscosity adhesive (70,000 to 100,000 cps)
- Excellent Cryogenic and Extreme Cold Temp Resistance -423F to +180F
- Exceptional resistance to vibration and shock
Please Note: These cartridges are designed to work best with a 50ml cartridge Dispenser. This 3M cartridge will fit into a 1:1 ‘Round-Back’ Dispenser. It is strongly advise you use a 50ml Dispenser for this cartridge.
If you do not have one one of these dispensers, please check out some of the other product options to the right. We do sell this as a kit with an included Dispenser. Also, separately, the MixPac 50ml DS53 1:1 / 2:1 / 3:2 Dispenser is a great applicator for this adhesive.
Product Performance Specs:
- Brand: 3M Scotch-Weld
- 3M Formula: DP2216 (duo-pak cartridges) & 2216 (pails)
- Material Compatibility: steel (ferrous and stainless), aluminum, many types of plastics, rubbers, woods, stone, concrete, masonry, and ceramics
- Cure Time: 60 minutes (200f) to 7 days (75f)
- Approx Working Life: 90 min at 75f
- Color: Gray
- Mix Ratio: 3:2 (a:b)
- Product Form: thick Liquid
- Package Type: 3.1oz Tube Kit, 50ml Cartridge
Shear Strength: 2400 (-423f) to 3200 psi (75f)
- Peel Strength: 25 piw
- Shore Hardness: 55-60 Shore D
- Viscosity Class: Thick Viscosity
- Viscosity Measurement: 80000 to 100,000 cPs
- Shelf Life: 15 mo