Look, we're humans too, and it's pretty scary right now isn't it.
So we naturally want to implement all changes necessary to minimize the risks of spreading this new disease. And while we're at it, minimizing the risks for all of those existing buggies we're already familiar with.
We’re sharing below the steps we've implemented with our operations to help ensure that our families, friends, customers, colleagues and partners are as safe as possible right now.
According to the CDC
COVID-19 is spread via person-to-person contact through two primary methods:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Both of these can produce tiny infected droplets, which can also end up in the mouths, noses, or lungs of people who are nearby.
There is also reasonable evidence to suggest that we can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then subsequently touching our own mouth, nose, or eyes, but this is not thought to be the primary way the virus spreads.
And since there appears to be a small chance of spreading COVID-19 via surfaces, here’s what we’re doing to minimize this risk for all the wonderful people we care about and come into contact with.
Procedures our shipping and warehousing teams have developed, adopted, and using now:
- Only New, Clean, Never-re-used boxes and supplies are employed during our packing operations: This is an important step to avoid cardboard and plastic surface exposure. Our boxes and packing materials
- 72-hour isolation period enforced for all incoming products, inventory, boxes and packing materials: For all incoming packages into our facilities, once received and checked in, the materials are isolated for a 72-hour period before any team member can use them.
- 6-foot perimeter of isolation enforced throughout our facilities: Our teams respect our space, and honor our isolation perimeters
- Gloves: All orders are packed with Nitrile-protected gloved hands
- Masks: Our team members are actively using/wearing respirator masks, which minimizes the transmission of atomized droplets/particles, during all pick-pack-and shipping procedures
- No Signature Required for Packages: We typically do not, and are continuing not to require delivery signatures for packages on arrival. This helps to minimize human-to-human interaction, as well as human-to-machine interaction. It’s an easy step to avoid possible transmissions.
- No human contact between our fulfillment teams and our courier/shipping partners: We have clear drop-off and pick-up stations safely divided and transparent to all users, to ensure that we maintain the 6-foot isolation perimeters during these important weeks.
- Soap-based hand cleaning breaks every hour at longest, and as often as our team members feel the need to.
- Hand Sanitizes at each packing station for the teams’ discretionary use to keep them safe and clean
- Extra-large 90+% Isopropyl wipe pads dispersed and widely available for the team’s use during the receiving and shipping process, to wipe down boxes and materials as needed.
We're adopting these enhanced measures for our safety and yours.
The Perigee Team