Permabond ES558 single part epoxy adhesive is cured by oven, infra-red or induction heating. It is ideal for bonding and sealing metal components and can be applied to pre-assembled joints. When heated for curing, the adhesive flows like solder and wicks into small gaps where it will cure, forming a high strength durable bond.Permabond ES558 is often used instead of welding or brazing joints, simplifying production lines and reducing the hazards associated with labour-intensive welding processes. The adhesive provides 100% seal between components and provides better stress distribution, as well as giving an aesthetically pleasing finish. It is ideal for a wide range of applications and is particularly popular for sealing heat exchanger tubes.
EASY TO USE
Permabond ES558 comes in convenient 320ml cartridges which fit in a regular caulking gun or in bulk. The adhesive requires no measuring or mixing. It is also available in bulk for use with automatic dispensing equipment. Adhesive can be applied at leisure and when you are certain parts are aligned correctly and clamped, the adhesive can then be heat cured.
What can it bond?
Permabond ES558 is suitable for bonding a wide variety of materials including:
- Aluminium (particularly popular for heat exchanger tube sealing)
- Steel, copper and most other metals
- Tungsten carbide (ideal for wear tips, tooling etc.)
- Magnets, ferrites, ceramic materials
- Some plastics
- Composite materials
- Excellent adhesive strength
- Excellent resistance to vibration
- Easy to use - no mixing required
- High shear and peel strength
- Good impact strength
- High temperature resistance
- Good resistance to chemicals