Premera FP1 Fusion Primer for Concrete Surfaces - Eliminate the Sanding Grinding Step in Epoxy Flooring Jobs (FP1 is the prep step for a T2 application)
Premera FP1 Fusion Primer is a single component, spray on sol-gel based fusion primer that functions as a direct-to-surface primer and as an intercoat-adhesion-primer. FP1 Fusion Primer creates a permanent molecular bridge between a coating and the substrate (surface to coat), chemically fusing the substrate with it's top coat. FP1 is very compatible with many surfaces, and many coatings, especially when other water-based coatings may not compatible as top coats.
Amazing Fact about Premera FP1 Fusion Primer:
- No Grinding, No Sanding, No surface profiling is needed to achieve strong chemical bonds to Concrete, Tile and Stone surfaces. Just a light cleaning, and removal of oils or greases if they exist on the surface.
Surfaces to Use on:
- Concrete (flooring, walls, cinder blocks & concrete blocks, unglazed brick & tile, pavers, countertops)
Industries currently using FP1 & T2 :
- Aviation, Airliners, Manufacturing, Municipalities, Government, Military, Restaurants, Auto Dealerships, Cabinet Makers, Sign Makers,
Coverage Surface Area:
- 300-400 Square Feet per Gallon
- Removes the need to grind, sand or profile substrates or coatings before top coating
- Provides strong bonding to the hard to bond or low/no profile surfaces
- 90-minute window to apply Overcoat / Top-Coat atop FP1. (If window is missed, run a screen or light abrasion and reapply)
- Chemical bonds to substrate and Top-Coat. becomes one with the surface they are applied to
- Use with concrete, stones, tile, porcelain, glass... Both porous and non-porous substrates
- Single component (1-Part), spray-down or roll-down primer
- UV stable and virtually invisible
Superior resistance against:
- Rust & Oxidation
- Acid Rain & Acidic Damage
- Ice Damage
- Chlorides & salt spray
- UV damage
- Galvanic corrosion
- Animal, Bird & Organic waste damage
Available in: 8-oz Spray, Quart Kit, Gallon Kit, 5-Gallon Kit, 250-Gallon Tote
How to apply:
Pressure sprayers: Apply using standard high-volume low-pressure sprayer (HVLP… popular with paint spraying and airbrushing) or hand-pump pressure sprayers with a 1.0-1.3 spray tip and air pressure set at 25 to 30 psi. Spray test pattern on cardboard or paper to ensure suitable 8“to 10” elongated spray pattern is achieved (approximately 1 ½ inch wide in the middle and fluid enough to cover but not puddle). Apply two thin coats, wet-on-tack, 2-3 WFT each, top to bottom, then right to left, keeping a wet edge. Second coat must be applied within 10-15 minutes while first coat is still tacky for optimum results.
Standard Paint Rollers: Use a high density ultra-smooth foam roller or ¼ inch nap roller to apply the coating in an up and down then left to right pattern to ensure complete coverage of the surface. Avoid overworking coating. Apply coating thinly, 2.0 to 3.0 wet film thicknesses (WFT) and continue forward. Avoid down pressure on the roller for best results in finish appearance.
Brush Application: Use high-quality China bristle to apply T2AM in a cross-pattern; up and down, then left and right as quickly as possible. Avoid overworking coating, as it dries quickly. Avoid down pressure on the brush for best results in finish appearance. Apply light strokes using the tip brush to smooth out coating if necessary. Desired wet film thickness (WFT) is approximately 2.0 to 2.5 mils.