Permabond Epoxy Primer 2K Surface Preparation Indicator 20 Gram part A + 1g part B
Permabond 2K Primer is a dual-purpose product, which indicates whether or not sufficient surface preparation has been carried out and contains an adhesion promoter to increase bond strength. It is ideal for preparing metal, glass, plastic, and composites for bonding. When bonding metal, it offers the added advantage of protecting bonded components against corrosion, which also increases long-term durability and bond strength.
2K Primer Instructions For Use:
- Degrease and lightly abrade bond areas.
- Degrease again to remove dust.
- Pour the contents of component B into the bottle marked A.
- Attach spray attachment to bottle A and shake well.
- Spray the bond area with a thin layer of primer.
- If the 2K primer beads up, as shown on the right-hand side of the image below, more surface preparation is needed.
- Repeat the degreasing and abrading process until the 2K primer wets out the surface evenly, as shown on the left-hand side of the image below.
- If wetting is good, remove excess with a clean, dry cloth or tissue.
- Allow to dry before bonding.
- Use mixed primer within 8 hours.