Maven Plastics - PP Plastic (Copolymer) Welding Rods, Coils & Reels - Black (Polypropylene Copolymer)
Maven Plastics - PP Black Plastic (Copolymer) Welding Rods, Coils & Reels. (Polypropylene Copolymer)
Plastic Welding Rod Specs:
- 100% pure PP (Copolymer) moisture-free
- Shape Options are:
- Round 1/8 inch (3mm), 5/32 inch (4mm), and 3/16 inch (5mm)
- Triangle 7/32 inch (5.7mm)
- Flat 1/16 x 5/8 (1.6mm x 16mm)
- Packaging Options are:
- Rods come in packs of 10, 20 & 40 Rods each
- Coils come in 100-ft (approx 1/2 pound) and 200-ft (approx 1 pound)
- Reels come in 500ft (aapprox 2.5 Lbs), 10-Lbs, 20-Lbs, and 50-Lbs
Made of 100% pure PP plastic (Copolymer) material, no contaminants, vacuum sealed to minimize moisture absorption, which can ruin the rod and cause plastic burns and rough choppy welds. All Plastic Rods should be used with an appropriate plastic welding iron, heat dispenser or torch with applicable attachments.
PP (Copolymer) Rods, Coils & Reels can be used for several popular types of repair jobs, but each plastic repair job needs to be carefully matched to the same type of Plastic Rod or Coil. These rods & coils are ABS Plastic.
Warning: Mixing different types of plastics will likely result in poor quality repairs and poor longevity of the welds. Quite Simply, match your plastics and you're good... different plastics simply don't work well together.
PP (Copolymer) Rods, Coils & Reels: Often found without a Recycling label number, but may be found with # 9 recycling. ABS typically includes Lego building blocks, Keyboards, Power Tool Housings, Wall Outlet Covers, Toys