Devcon 5-Minute Epoxy Gel is popular in industrial, professional, and Do-It-Yourself applications.
P/N's: 14240 is the 25ml syringe, and 14265 is the 50ml cartridge
It is a fast-curing, thixotropic, non-migrating adhesive designed for filling gaps and bonding rough or smooth surfaces. The disappearing blue coloring tells you when the product is thoroughly mixed and ready to apply. It’s a general-purpose adhesive/encapsulant which easily dispenses and mixes in seconds, dries in 15 minutes and reaches functional strength in 1 hour.
- Bonds rigid durable substrates such as metals, glass, ceramics, concrete and wood in all combinations
- High tensile strength (2,500 psi)
- Good solvent resistance to gas, oil and other solvents
- Non-Sag (No-Drip) which makes it ideal for use on walls and vertical surfaces
- Excellent gap filling qualities without tremendous shrinkage Fast curing for bond tags on machinery and equipment
- Functional strength in 1 hour
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Bonds metals, fabrics, ceramics, glass, wood, and concrete (and in combinations)
- Aluminum, Brass, Cast Iron, Copper, Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel & Ferrites, Epoxies, PVC & Vinyls, Woods, Plywoods & Laminates, Particle Boards, Brick, Concrete, Ceramics
- Popular for filling voids and potting/filler compounds
- Excellent for bonding to walls and vertical surfaces, and for filling gaps and voids
Cured 7 days @ 75° F
Adhesive Tensile Lap Shear[GBS] 2,500 psi @ 0.010" bondline
Dielectric Strength 440 volts/mils
Gap Fill Excellent
Impact Resistance 6.5 ft.lb./in(2)
Service Temperature -40°F to 200°F
Shore Hardness 80 Shore D
Solids by Volume 100
Specific Volume 23.7 in/lb.
Tensile Elongation 5%
Tpeel 2-3 pli
Adhesive Tensile Shear ASTM D 1002 Cured Density ASTM D 792
Dielectric Strength, volts/mil ASTM D 149 Compressive Strength ASTM D 695 Cured Hardness Shore D ASTM D 2240
Color Opaque / White-ish
Fixture Time 10-15 min. @ 72°F
Full Cure 48 hrs.
Functional Cure 1.5 hrs. @ 72°F
Mix Ratio by Volume 1:1
Mix Ratio by Weight 1:1
Mixed Density 9.75 lbs/gal.: 1.17 gm/cc
Mixed Viscosity Gel / Thixotropic
Working Time 4-7 min. [28 gm @ 72°F]
Clean surface by solvent-wiping any deposits of heavy grease, oil, dirt, or other contaminants. Surface can also be cleaned with industrial cleaning equipment such as vapor phase degreasers or hot aqueous baths. If working with metal, abrade or roughen the surface to significantly increase the microscopic bond area and increase the bond strength.
Proper homogenous mixing of resin and hardener is essential for the curing and development of stated strengths. ----
25 ML DEV-TUBE
1. Squeeze material into a small container the size of an ashtray.
2. Using mixing stick included on Dev-tube handle, vigorously mix components for one (1) minute.
3. Immediately apply to substrate.
50 ML/400ML/490 ML CARTRIDGES
1. Attach cartridge to Mark V ™ [50ml] 400ml manual or pneumatic dispensing systems.2. Open tip.
3. Burp cartridge by squeezing out some material until both sides are uniform (ensures no air bubbles are present during mixing).
4. Attach mix nozzle to end of cartridge.
5. Apply to substrate.
1. Apply mixed epoxy directly to one surface in an even film or as a bead.
2. Assemble with mating part within recommended working time.
3. Apply firm pressure between mating parts to minimize any gap and ensure good contact (a small fillet of epoxy should flow out the edges to display adequate gap fill.)
For very large gaps:
1. Apply epoxy to both surfaces
2. Spread to cover entire area OR make a bead pattern to allow flow throughout the joint Let bonded assemblies stand for recommended functional cure time prior to handling.
Chemical resistance is calculated with a 7 day, room temp. cure (30 days immersion) @ 75°F)
Please refer to the appropriate material safety data sheet (MSDS) prior to using this product.
For technical assistance, please call 1-800-933-8266
FORINDUSTRIAL USE ONLY