Devcon 5-Minute Epoxy - Fast-Setting General Purpose Adhesive (P/N's 14200, 14210, 14250, & 14270)
Devcon 5-Minute Epoxy is very popular in industrial, professional, and Do-It-Yourself applications.
P/N's: 14200 is the 15-ounce bottles, 14210 is the 2 2.5-oz tubes, 14250 is the 25ml syringe, 14270 is the 50ml cartridge & 14630 is the 1-Gallon kit (two 0.5 gallon jugs one for each of parts A & B).
It is an adhesive with Rapid-curing, general-purpose adhesive/encapsulant which easily dispenses and mixes in seconds, with a 3-6 minute work time (set time) and reaches functional strength (50% cure) in 1 hour.
- Bonds rigid durable substrates such as metals, glass, ceramics, concrete and wood in all combinations
- Forms a clear hard rigid bond self leveling liquid in minutes
- Listed under NSN Stock#8040-00-264-6816:#8040-01-067-6126
- Functional strength (50% cured) in 1 hour
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Low viscosity (10,000 cps)
- Bonds metals, fabrics, ceramics, glass, wood, and concrete (and in combinations)
- Popular for filling voids and potting/filler compounds
Cured for 7 days @ 75° F
- AdhesiveTensileLapShear[GBS] 1,900psi@ 0.005" bondline Dielectric Strength 490 volts/mils
- GapFill Good
- Impact Resistance 5.5 ft.lb./in.(2)
- Service Temperature Dry, -40°F to 200°F
- Shore Hardness 85 Shore D
- Solids by Volume 100
- Specific Volume 25.1 in.[3)/lb.
- TensileElongation 1%
- Tpeel 2-3pli
Adhesive Tensile Shear ASTM D 1002 Dielectric Strength, volts/mil ASTM D 149 Cured Hardness Shore D ASTM D 2240 Cured Density ASTM D 792
- Color Light Amber
- Working Time 3-6 min. (28 gm @ 72°F)
- Full Cure 12 hr. @ 72°F
- Functional Cure 3/4 - 1 hr. @ 72°F
- Mix Ratio by Volume 1:1
- Mix Ratio by Weight 1:1
- Mixed Density 9.17 lbs./gal.: 1.10 gm/cc
- Mixed Viscosity 10,000 cps
Clean surface by solvent-wiping any deposits of heavy grease, oil, dirt, or other contaminants. Surface can also be cleaned with industrial cleaning equipment such as vapor phase de-greasers or hot aqueous baths. If working with metal, abrade or roughen the surface to significantly increase the microscopic bond area and increase the bond strength.
Proper homogeneous mixing of resin and hardener is essential for the curing and development of stated strengths. ----
25 ML DEV-TUBE1. Squeeze material into a small container the size of an ashtray.
2. Using mixing stick included on Dev-tube handle, vigorously mix components for one (1) minute.
3. Immediately apply to substrate.
50 ML/400ML/490 ML CARTRIDGES1. Attach cartridge to Mark V ™ [50ml] 400ml manual or pneumatic dispensing systems.2. Open tip.
3. Burp cartridge by squeezing out some material until both sides are uniform (ensures no air bubbles are present during mixing).
4. Attach mix nozzle to end of cartridge.
2. Assemble with mating part within recommended working time.
3. Apply firm pressure between mating parts to minimize any gap and ensure good contact (a small fillet of epoxy should flow out the edges to display adequate gap fill.)
For very large gaps:
2. Spread to cover entire area OR make a bead pattern to allow flow throughout the joint Let bonded assemblies stand for recommended functional cure time prior to handling.
Chemical resistance is calculated with a 7 day, room temp. cure (30 days immersion) @ 75°F)
Please refer to the appropriate material safety data sheet (MSDS) prior to using this product.
For technical assistance, please call 1-800-933-8266
FOR INDUSTRIAL OR COMMERCIAL USE ONLY
We Also Recommend
Huntsman Araldite 2011 Slow-Setting All-Purpose Epoxy - Variety of Packaging Sizes
Devcon Plastic Welder White DA291 - High-Strength Toughened MMA Adhesive