Devcon 1-Minute Epoxy is a very popular extremly fast setting epoxy adhesive used in industrial, professional, and Do-It-Yourself applications. It is an adhesive with 30 second to 1 minute Rapid-curing, general-purpose adhesive/encapsulant which easily dispenses and mixes in seconds, dries in 1 minute, reaches functional strength in 30 minutes, and a full cure in 2 hours, more than 90% faster than most all other rapid-setting adhesives available.
- Bonds rigid durable substrates such as metals, glass, ceramics, concrete, fiberglass, and wood in all combinations
- 30 seconds to 1 minute Extremely fast set/working time
- Forms a clear hard rigid bond self leveling liquid in minutes
- Functional strength in 30 minutes
- Fully cured in 2 hours, more than 90% faster than most other fast-set adhesives
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Medium viscosity (70,000 cps)
- Bonds metals, fabrics, ceramics, glass, wood, fiberglass and concrete (and in combinations)
- Popular for filling voids and potting/filler compounds
Cured for 7 days @ 75° F
- AdhesiveTensileLapShear[GBS] 1,600psi@ 0.005" bondline Dielectric Strength 490 volts/mils
- GapFill Good
- Impact Resistance 4.5 ft.lb./in.(2)
- Service Temperature Dry, -40°F to 200°F
- Shore Hardness 82 Shore D
- Solids by Volume 100
- Specific Volume 25.72 in.[3)/lb.
- TensileElongation 1%
- Tpeel 2-3pli
Adhesive Tensile Shear ASTM D 1002 Dielectric Strength, 490 volts/mil ASTM D 149 Cured Hardness Shore D ASTM D 2240 Cured Density ASTM D 792
- Color Opaque Amber
- Fixture Time 1 minute @ 72°F
- Full Cure 2hr. @ 72°F
- Functional Cure 30 minutes @ 72°F
- Mix Ratio by Volume 1:1
- Mix Ratio by Weight 1:1
- Mixed Density 9.4 lbs./gal.: 1.10 gm/cc
- Mixed Viscosity 70,000 cps
- Working Time 45 seconds (28 gm @ 72°F)
Clean surface by solvent-wiping any deposits of heavy grease, oil, dirt, or other contaminants. Surface can also be cleaned with industrial cleaning equipment such as vapor phase degreasers or hot aqueous baths. If working with metal, abrade or roughen the surface to significantly increase the microscopic bond area and increase the bond strength.
Proper homogenous mixing of resin and hardener is essential for the curing and development of stated strengths. ----
25 ML DEV-TUBE1. Squeeze material into a small container the size of an ashtray.
2. Using mixing stick included on Dev-tube handle, vigorously mix components for one (1) minute.
3. Immediately apply to substrate.
50 ML/400ML/490 ML CARTRIDGES1. Attach cartridge to Mark V ™ [50ml] 400ml manual or pneumatic dispensing systems.2. Open tip.
3. Burp cartridge by squeezing out some material until both sides are uniform (ensures no air bubbles are present during mixing).
4. Attach mix nozzle to end of cartridge.
2. Assemble with mating part within recommended working time.
3. Apply firm pressure between mating parts to minimize any gap and ensure good contact (a small fillet of epoxy should flow out the edges to display adequate gap fill.)
For very large gaps:
2. Spread to cover entire area OR make a bead pattern to allow flow throughout the joint Let bonded assemblies stand for recommended functional cure time prior to handling.
Chemical resistance is calculated with a 7 day, room temp. cure (30 days immersion) @ 75°F)
Please refer to the appropriate material safety data sheet (MSDS) prior to using this product.
For technical assistance, please call 1-800-933-8266
FORINDUSTRIAL USE ONLY