Syntho-Glass® is the originally patented fiberglass pre-impregnated composite that is activated by saltwater or freshwater. Packaged in a hermetically sealed foil pouch, it is ready to use and does not require any measuring or mixing. When used with the appropriate primary sealant, it can repair and reinforce virtually any pipe in minutes. Syntho-Glass® not only restores a pipe to its original pressure rating, it can make the repair area stronger than the original pipe reducing downtime, saving in parts and labor. Syntho-Glass® is a versatile solution for situations in which swift repair is critical. With an initial setting time of only 30 minutes (75°F/24°C), Syntho-Glass® provides superior, rapid repair on copper, steel, stainless steel, PVC, FRP, clay, concrete, and rubber pipe. Designed to be inherently safe, it is nontoxic, noncombustible, and odorless.
This repair system also is easy to install. The Syntho-Glass® installation kit delivers all the components needed for a repair and arrives on site packaged in a hermetically sealed foil pouch, ready to use without any measuring or mixing.
Two Kit Grades:
1) Industrial Grade - Slightly more flexible fiberglass fabric, easier to wrap, and conforms to various military specifications.
2) General Purpose - Slightly less flexible, but also less expensive.
- Impact Protection
- Emergency Repair
- Corroded Pipes
- Irregular pipe fittings
- Force Mains and gravity lines
- Joint and Tee repair
- Underwater repair and splash zone
- Ready to use
- No mixing or mess
- Needs no special tools
- Environmentally safe
- No VOCs
- Delivers simple, effective, durable repair/restoration
- Completely cures in minutes
- Supplied as a complete kit
- Quick and easy installation
- Excellent adhesion to many substrates
- Good chemical resistance range
- VOCs: None
- Set Time: 30 Minutes at 75°F (24°C)
- Resin Type: Water-activated polyurethane
- Resin Application: Pre-impregnated
- Service Temperature: -50° to 250°F (-45° to 121°C)
- Application Temperature: 32° to 150°F (0° to 65°C)
- Pressure once cured w/primary sealant: Max 300 psi (20.6 bar)
- 5 Minutes at 75°F (24°C)
24 months with recommended storage
- Store in original container protected from direct sunlight in a dry, cool and well-ventilated area, away from incompatible materials, food and drink. Storage at temperature between 64°F and 86°F. Keep away from humidity and water. Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use.