Permabond QFS16 Accelerator & Activator for Cyanoacrylates (CA), Instant Adhesives, and Super Glues
Permabond QFS16 Accelerator & Activator is a rapid drying accelerator for use with Cyanoacrylates (CA), Instant Adhesives, and Super Glues. It can be used in a variety of applications but is particularly suited for porous parts, poorly mated parts, wire tacking applications and applications where stress cracking of plastic could be an issue. It can also be used to cure excess adhesive “fillets”. Evaporation leaves a thin deposit of initiator on the surface to be bonded. Parts can be activated up to 30 days before bonding. Permabond QFS16 activates surfaces including most plastics, zinc plating, passivated stainless steel, and glass.
- Contains no ozone depleting agent
- Rapid setting on closely mated parts
- Faster cure through gaps
- Enables cyanoacrylates to bond to porous surfaces
- Reduces stress cracking on plastic parts
- No discoloration of part surfaces
- Reduces frosting or fogging of the adhesive
- Allows cyanoacrylates to cure on strongly passivated metals, aged PVC or acidic surfaces such as wood
Suggestions for Use:
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free prior to primer application.
- QFS16 should be applied either by wiping (using a clean cloth or brush), spraying or dipping one component.
- Allow QFS16 to fully evaporate before bonding to make sure there isn’t any solvent entrapment in the joint.
- Permabond cyanoacrylate adhesive is then applied to the untreated surface; the two parts should be quickly mated.
- Do not put the adhesive on the treated surface as the adhesive could cure before the parts can be properly mated. Only if the gap is extremely large (>20 mil) activator may be applied to both surfaces.
- For maximum bond strength, allow adhesive to cure for 24 hours at 23°C.
- Permabond QFS16 is formulated to minimise attack and maximise performance on certain plastics. However, it is recommended that the product is tested for compatibility prior to use in production.
- For post-applying (e.g. for curing excess adhesive fillets or for wire tacking):
- Lightly spray or drip activator onto uncured adhesive (do not react large quantities).