EOD Adhesive Kit - DAI 1-Minute Epoxy 5-Pack + Dispensing Kit - (MMA501)
This is a 5-pack cartridge & dispensing kit for the DAI 1-Minute Epoxy (EA501). It includes 5 of the 50ml 2-Part cartridges of DAI's EA501 ultra-fast setting Epoxy, 10 mixing nozzles, and 1 MixPac dispenser.
Our EOD kits are specially configured for Police & Fire Departments, Emergency and First-Responder teams to aid in EOD and IED disarmament processes. EOD means Explosive Ordinance Disposal, whereas IED means Improvised Explosive Device.
The DAI EA501 1-Minute Epoxy is an extremely fast setting epoxy adhesive used in industrial, professional, and Do-It-Yourself applications. It is an adhesive with a 30 second to 1 minute Rapid-curing, general-purpose adhesive/encapsulate which easily dispenses and mixes in seconds, dries in 1 minute, reaches functional strength in 30 minutes, and a full cure in 2 hours, more than 90% faster than most all other rapid-setting adhesives available.
- Bonds rigid durable substrates such as metals, glass, ceramics, concrete, fiberglass, and wood in all combinations
- 30 seconds to 1 minute Extremely fast set/working time
- Forms a clear hard rigid bond self leveling liquid in minutes
- Functional strength in 30 minutes
- Fully cured in 2 hours, more than 90% faster than most other fast-set adhesives
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Medium viscosity (70,000 cps)
- Bonds metals, fabrics, ceramics, glass, wood, fiberglass and concrete (and in combinations)
- Popular for filling voids and potting/filler compounds
Cured for 7 days @ 75° F
- Adhesive Tensile Lap Shear [GBS] 1,600psi @ 0.005" bondline Dielectric Strength 490 volts/mils
- Gap Fill Good
- Impact Resistance 4.5 ft.lb./in.(2)
- Service Temperature Dry, -40°F to 200°F
- Shore Hardness 82 Shore D
- Solids by Volume 100
- Specific Volume 25.72 in.[3)/lb.
- Tensile Elongation 1%
- Tpeel 2-3pli
- Color Opaque Amber
- Fixture Time 1 minute @ 72°F
- Full Cure 2hr. @ 72°F
- Functional Cure 30 minutes @ 72°F
- Mix Ratio by Volume 1:1
- Mix Ratio by Weight 1:1
- Mixed Density 9.4 lbs./gal.: 1.10 gm/cc
- Mixed Viscosity 70,000 cps
- Working Time 45 seconds (28 gm @ 72°F)
Clean surface by solvent-wiping any deposits of heavy grease, oil, dirt, or other contaminants. Surface can also be cleaned with industrial cleaning equipment such as vapor phase degreasers or hot aqueous baths. If working with metal, abrade or roughen the surface to significantly increase the microscopic bond area and increase the bond strength.
Proper homogeneous mixing of resin and hardener is essential for the curing and development of stated strengths.
50 ML CARTRIDGES1. Attach cartridge to a 50ml manual or pneumatic dispensing systems.
3. Burp cartridge by squeezing out some material until both sides are uniform (ensures no air bubbles are present during mixing).
4. Attach mix nozzle to end of cartridge.
2. Assemble with mating part within recommended working time.
3. Apply firm pressure between mating parts to minimize any gap and ensure good contact (a small fillet of epoxy should flow out the edges to display adequate gap fill.)
For very large gaps:
2. Spread to cover entire area OR make a bead pattern to allow flow throughout the joint Let bonded assemblies stand for recommended functional cure time prior to handling.
Chemical resistance is calculated with a 7 day, room temp. cure (30 days immersion) @ 75°F)
Please refer to the appropriate material safety data sheet (MSDS) prior to using this product.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
We Also Recommend
Huntsman Araldite 2011 Slow-Setting All-Purpose Epoxy - Variety of Packaging Sizes
Devcon Plastic Welder White DA291 - High-Strength Toughened MMA Adhesive