CS-NRI Syntho-Steel - Steel-Reinforced Epoxy Putty, used with Syntho-Glass Pipe Repair Kits
CS-NRI Syntho-Steel™ is a two-part, steel reinforced epoxy putty. It cures in minutes and can repair most anything made of metal, masonry, wood, ceramic, glass and plastics. Syntho-Steel™ contains no solvents, is non-toxic and easily prepares for application. Unlike liquid epoxies, Syntho-Steel™ will not drip or sag and will set on wet surfaces. NSF 61 and BS6920 approved for use with potable water. When fully cured the material produces a durable, resilient bond resistant to hydrocarbons, ketones, alcohols, esters, halocarbons, aqueous salt solutions and dilute acids and bases.
Syntho Steel is widely used for pipeline repairs in various industries, it is widely used including USA, UK, Germany, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa, Azerbaijan, Angola,Venezuela, Ecuador, Korea, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Egypt & Libya.
- Repair leaking water pipes
- Seals leaks in oil and water tanks
- Plug holes and seals
- Fill corrosion voids
- Designed for low pressure leaks
- Impact Protection
- Emergency Repair
- Corroded Pipes
- Irregular pipe fittings
- Force Mains and gravity lines
- Joint and Tee repair
- Underwater repair and splash zone
- Temp Sustained/Continuous: 250°F (121°C)
- Temp Spikes/Intermittent: 300°F (149°C)
- Density: 2.2 lb/gal, 18.5gm/cm3
- Electrical Resistance: 30,000mega-ohms
- Solids Content: 100%
- Chemical Resistance: Resistant to hydrocarbons, ketones, alcohols, esters, halocarbons, aqueous salt solutions and dilute acids and bases.
- Length: 7"
- Weight: 115g
- Density : 15.8 lb/gal (1.9 gm/cm3)
- Compression Strength : 18,000 psi or 1241 bar
- Tensile Strength : 6000 psi or 413 bar
- Modulus of Elasticity : 6x106 psi
- Shear Strength : 700 psi (48 bar)
- Hardness (Shore D): 85
- Maximum Use Temperature : 300 degrees F (149 degrees C)
Electrical Properties :
- Volume Resistivity : 5X1016 ohm-cm
- Dielectric Strength : 400 volts/mil @0.125 in
- 5 Minutes at 75°F (24°C)
24 months with recommended storage
- Store in original container protected from direct sunlight in a dry, cool and well-ventilated area, away from incompatible materials, food and drink. Storage at temperature between 64°F and 86°F. Keep away from humidity and water. Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use.